Healthier with Grow Fit®
Grow Fit is our unique initiative that encourages the comprehensive well-being of your little-one through:
Healthy Living | Nutritious Eating | Physical Fitness
Tutor Time has joined forces with the Partnership for a Healthier America with the goal of guiding children’s healthy habits, so that they may have a healthy future!
Our program goals include:
- Physical activity: 1-2 hours daily with outdoor play, weather permitting.
- Limited screen time: At school, less than 30 minutes weekly. At home, we recommend a maximum of 1-2 hours/day of quality screen time. For children ages 2 or younger, we don’t recommend any screen time.
- Food: Veggies or fruits at least twice per day. Family style meals. No fried foods.
- Beverages: Water, whenever. No sugar-sweetened drinks. For ages 2+: low- or non-fat milk.
- Infant feeding: We’re here to support your decisions. Breastfeeding moms can provide milk and are welcome to breastfeed during school time.
Health risks linked with unhealthy food choices and a lack of physical activity have significantly increased in the United States. Studies show that by age 6, one in five children is either obese or overweight.
We offer an assortment of nutritious options during meals and snacks, and we encourage kids to taste new foods. You’re welcome to try them too! Just ask your school director.
A Healthy Home
So, how can you help work toward a healthier future?
Here are easy ways to begin today. Get your children fired up about healthy choices and stay healthy at home, as a family!